Saturday 4 February 2012

Create a Cupcake and Valentines

Good Afternoon from a very snowy and icy Shifnal

Yes, that's a very odd sounding title of Cupcakes and Valentines but that's what we did today.  Firstly we did a birthday card using the really cute stamp set Creat a Cupcake, a really pretty card with some flowers and a bit of layering - crisp and clean today for both cards actually.  No distressing or daubing the edges of the cards, most unusual for me and my classes but I loved the outcome of both as did everyone at class!

For the Create a Cupcake card we did some embossing with two of the gorgeous SU embossing folders and made the flowers using the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, done by cutting the scallp circle into a spiral, squishing the cardstock and then rolling up to form the beautifull flowers.  The wording was shaped using the decorative label punch and then that same punch used as a layer behind, just chopping out a bit.  Very clever and very good use of punches to make other things and create different effects.

Stamp set used: Create a Cupcake
Embossing folders used: Square lattice & Perfect Polka Dots
Punches used: 1 3/4" scallop circle & Decorative Label




For the Valentines card we did very little stamping but lots of punching and embossing.  My husband might even be lucky enough to get a Valentines card this year and he'll probably not see it before then anyway as he does not usually browse my blog (to my knowledge anyway) or notice specific cards in my card stash.  Besides all the SU goodies we used a very old pair of pinking shears that used to belong to my grand mother.  I'm so pleased to have these to use again, my parents brought them over to the UK for me from SA on their last visit, by request and because nobody at home was using them, yayy! 

For the inside of this card we used the same technique as the flowers of the first card (without the squishing) for the heart effect, attaching two hearts together forming a "spring" - very effective and unusual.
Stamp set used: Tiny Tags
Embossing folders used: Vintage Wallpaper & Perfect polka dots
Punches used: Jewelry Tag & Full Heart














Happy Crafting
Loraine








3 comments:

  1. Colour combo on the cupcake is very funky and just lovin' the twisted heart inside your valentine card. Thanks for popping by my blog too! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that clever heart spring idea! These are gorgeous cards Loraine! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful card, I love the top one :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...