Thursday 1 July 2010

I can sew!

Or maybe only so-so.........................

Good Afternoon

A little wet here this afternoon but truly, the garden can do with it!  Hopefully the sun will be out again tomorrow.

I was inspired to make a card by my crafting friend Alex, bearing in mind that it's a well known fact that my craft is Stamping and not Sewing.

Never the less I liked the look of Alex's card so off I went in search of some tread (something rather rare in this house).  I could have used Linen Thread but I wanted something to match my Very Vanilla cardstock! I went to visit the lovely Andie at Goldfish Crafts who patiently helped me out with a couple of skien's of embroidery thread - see learned a new word too...........no idea what a skien was either and probably still spelt it wrong!  I'm good at this sewing/embroidery thing as you can tell, not!

Hope you like my attempt!  I was happy with it in the end.


Stamp set used: Tiny Tags
Stampin Wheel used: It's Beautifull
Punch Used: Medium Jewelry Tag










Loraine

8 comments:

  1. pretty card, I think the sewing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and colours, well done on the sewing :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get you with the sewing! It looks wonderful and I really like this striking card. Have a fab weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a classy card... as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loraine, I was in Shrewsbury for 2 days. I was thinking of you whilst I was there. My brother-in-law and his family live there. Such a pretty little village. I love the town centre. Where do you live in Shropshire?
    Love,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colours!! Im starting 2 like brown theze dayz!!!! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, you can sew. You've been holding out on me, Ha!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...