Sunday 12 May 2013

Serene Silhouettes


Hello bloggers

I hope that you are all keeping well.  I know it's time for another class project or two but I did not hold a class yesterday as I went to my Stampin' Up! regional training event, which was fab,  informative and inspirational which is just what you want from a day out with about 300 fellow demonstrators.  If you're interested in becoming a demonstrator and joining my team, please do get in touch either by e-mail or phone (details on the sidebar)

Now.... let me tell you that one of the many idea's and projects shared caught my eye in particular so I had to come home and give it a go.  You'll see why in a minute but let me explain my excitement.  I love to draw and paint BUT MOST OF ALL I LOVE TO PLAY WITH STAMPS AND INK!!!!  Just in case you had not guessed by now:-)

We were show by Lynne Fahey, how to create a silhouette with inks!!!!!  I had heard of this technique but not seen it before and fell in love with it, not that you only create silhouettes with this technique but because I was dying to do just this with my lovely serene silhouettes stamp set, this is the bit that really caught my attention.

Using your clear blocks and a few ink pads and a spritzer you're able to blend your inks together and create some stunning backgrounds.

Take a peek below and if you're interested in learning how to do this please do get in contact to come along to one of my classes where I can share this with you.

 Stamp set's used: Serene Silhouettes & Afterthoughts (retired)
Ink's used: Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler  & Chocolate Chip
Clear block: E














Happy Stamping
Loraine

3 comments:

  1. Looks fab Lorraine. It was a good class by Lynne and was even better to see you. Hope to see you at convention if not before. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card, it's a wonderful effect :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs Pan Pastels? U had the tools in ur collection all along, look! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...